Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day

We decided early this summer that we would take a couple of extra days around Labor Day weekend to go spend some time with his family. We left last Thursday and got back yesterday around lunch time. Jeremy's dad recently accepted a Director of Missions position in Brunswick, GA. Brunswick is only about 45 minutes from where his older brother, wife and kids live. His younger brother and his wife met us there as well. It was so good to spend with his family, who we only see once, maybe twice a year. One of my favorite things to do when we are with his family is to play cards. Always so much fun! Lots of competitive people trying to get the W. Also, while we were there we got to go to a place called St. Simone's island and walk around the cute touristy island. It doesn't compare to the jewel of the gulf coast but it is still extremely beautiful. We were also able to spend some time with Jeremy's BFF and his family. These two are absolutely the perfect pair and some what obsessed with each other. Its a shame they live over 600 miles apart. We spend the night laughing and letting the two of them tell stories and make fun of each other. We left their house wishing we got to see them more often. Here are a few pictures of our weekend!

This was dinner for me the first night we were there! Old Country Boil... crab, crawfish, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes...it did not disappoint!



Us at St. Simone's.


We went shopping one day and I found this sweet outfit for the little Riles. His mom and my sister-n-law also bought her some adorable things!



Another day at St. Simone's.


On one of our last days there I found this gem in a store... let me remind you, we were in south Georgia, very close to the Florida border.. definitely in Bulldog and Gator country. The Tennessee girl in me wanted to start singing rocky top soon as I saw this but I refrained. Yes, I bleed Tiger Blue and when I married Jeremy, I took on the joy of becoming a Seminoles fan as well..but... I still love the boys in orange and white and it warmed my heart to see this!


Oh, this guy. Jeremy and Ryan have been best friends since the beginning of highschool. They lived less than a mile a part and were pretty much inseparable. Then Jeremy broke his heart and moved to Memphis. He came to here for Jeremy's seminary graduation and then left his very pregnant wife to come again to be in our wedding. I am so grateful for the sweet friendship they share...as well as the fact that Ryan approved of me enough for Jeremy to marry me :) We love him, his sweet wife, and adorable kids and wished very much that we weren't 11 hours away.

We had a wonderful time but as a wise girl from Kansas once said.."There's no place like home!"


1 comment:

  1. You're welcome... for me officially coming up with Riley's first nickname.

    ReplyDelete